Send Dad A Fancy Father’s Day Card
Because he’s one dapper dude
We are just a couple weeks away from Father’s Day, and this year it’s a big one for our family. It will be my husbands first, as well as his dads first father’s day as Grandpa! Just like any other holiday, I’m over here racking my brain for ideas to make sure I out do myself. Plus, I’m trying to get extra cards made so that I can send them out in time, as well as stock up on extras. With my new machine, the awe-mazing Curio, there are so many fun projects I have in mind, along with all the new material I can use.
I started building my library of greeting cards within Silhouette Design Studio so that I could quickly find them and create. I’ve had this 3D Mustache card in there for a while and it was finally time that I could use it. It’s so simple, but looks like it took a lot of effort to create. The next time I cut this out, I’m going to try using more pattern and/or colored paper for the frames. Take a look at how easy this card was to make, and send it out to your favorite dad or grandpa!
Side note: This card would be great for a male birthday, or how about anything where you can you “I mustache you a question!”?!?!
Silhouette Design ID #77068
Foam Pop Dots
1. Open your design in Silhouette Studio
2. Arrange your pieces to cut the craft paper portions out first, as shown
3. Send to Silhouette
4. Then, cut our remaining pieces with appropriate colored papers
Note: The mustaches are grouped as compound paths, which will lead them to do a double cut. This damaged my paper when cutting, so I went back, released the compound paths and deleted one copy of each mustache
5. Send to Silhouette
6. Glue all the colored and pattern pieces on first, as shown
7. Using pop dots, layer the frames on top of each other, starting with the thickest one. Adhere the thickest frame first to the piece that has the thin flap
8. Glue the thin flap to the inside of the opposite end
9. Slide the long piece into the card slot, fold back the flaps, and clasp closed.
This card was so easy to cut and assemble. I can’t wait to gift this card to one of the great men in my life for Father’s Day!