A Delicious Morning Brussel Sprout
The perfect pairing with eggs
It’s no secret, I LOVE breakfast. I’m talking about eggs, pancakes, bacon (of course), cereal, breakfast potatoes, all of it. There’s no judgement on as to when I eat it, because really, who says there’s a specific time? Since my pregnancy with my son and after, I’ve become a little more health conscious, so I started adding veggies into my breakfast routine. My favorite vegetable is one that a lot of people despise, brussel sprouts. How could you not love these tiny little cabbages? Now, it took me up until about 6 years ago before I actually liked them. Now I can’t get enough! I’m always looking for different way to dress them up, and this is a perfect breakfast pairing recipe.
1 lb. fresh Brussels sprouts
1.5 tbsp. olive oil
2.5 tbsp. balsamic vinegar, divided
2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with tin foil
2. Prepare your brussel sprouts by washing and cutting in halves
3. Combine oil, half the balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper. Drizzle mixture over brussels and toss to coat
4. Roast brussels for 20-25 minutes, or until crispy
5. Drizzle remaining vinegar over brussels and add salt to taste
Original post found here.