Bright and Cheery Citrus Napkins
Perfect for your outdoor BBQ or Party
Recently, I had my first experience with picking my own fruit straight from the tree. These had to be the most delicious peaches I have ever eaten, and the experience made them that much more delectable. With so many fresh fruits in season, I had great inspiration to make these painted napkins. The bright colors on a crisp white linen make these perfect for any Spring or Summer outdoor gathering. I love when my projects can cross over from season to season. So, grab your linens, fabric paint, and lets create these fun citrus napkins!
Foam brush or sponge
White Linen Napkins/Bandanas
Step One – Create Design
1. Open your design in the Design Studio
I used the Lemon design from Amy Newhouse and just took off the seeds for the orange and left a few for the lime.
2. Make sure you weld the center of the fruit so that it cuts correctly
3. Use the center of the fruit and place it in front of the large circle; center
3. Group these two pieces together
4. Send to Silhouette to cut
Step Two – Prepare Stencil Vinyl
1. Once cut, weed out the areas that will be filled with paint
2. Place transfer paper on the top of design, using the scraper to get rid of any bubbles
3. Peel the white backing off of the stencil vinyl
4. Place stencil on napkin and use the scraper to get rid of any bubbles, and make sure stencil is on fabric nice and strong
5. Carefully peel away transfer tape to reveal only the stencil vinyl
This took a little bit of time to make sure the stencil was sticking as well as placing the small seeds back on the fabric. Those get a little tricky.
Step Three – Paint and Reveal
1. Once stencil is on, use a paint sponge or foam dubber to blot paint onto fabric
2. Let dry before peeling away the stencil
Bring on the Ribs and Good Company