It’s no secret, or maybe it is, but I’m not a big fan of cooking all the time. Yet, I got through the constant battle of not wanting to cook and not wanting to spend money going out to eat! I’m sure most of you can relate. I try to find meals that are quick, easy, and still taste delicious, and that are still somewhat on the healthy side of the spectrum.
I’ve made zucchini boats before that had a Mexican vibe; we’re talking ground beef, salsa, quac, and of course tortilla chips. This time, I found an even more simple recipe that was perfect for any game day. I know, I’m well aware football season is over, but go ahead and pin this for later.
4 small-medium zucchini
1 lb ground chicken
1/2 cup Buffalo Wing Sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray baking dish with cooking spray. (I always use my avocado oil)
2. Place a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for about 7-9 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Stir and break apart as you cook.
3. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the buffalo wing sauce.
4. As the chicken is cooking, cut the zucchini in half, lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop the sets and center out of each zucchini half, leaving a 1/4 inch think zucchini boat. Place the zucchini in the baking dish cut-side up.
5. Spoon the chicken mixture into the zucchini boats and sprinkle the cheese on the top. (Go ahead, add a little extra cheese)
6. Cover the baking dish with foil. Bake for 35 minutes.
I’m not a big fan of hot wings, but my taste buds were screaming to try this dish. The fact that I’m making my veggies and meat in one dish scores points for me. You will need to eat these with a fork and knife, but isn’t that better than getting your hands all dirty?!
Original post found here.