You say potato, I say gnocchi
A quick and easy, flavorful, gnocchi and mushroom dish
Olive Garden’s Chicken and Gnocchi soup was my gateway dish to loving this potato pasta. I’ve tried plenty of variations from restaurants, with a butternut squash gnocchi being my favorite so far, but this quick and delicious meal has been on the top of my list right now! While this could make a great dinner, I decided to make it for lunch since my husband doesn’t favor gnocchi. The flavors were superb together, leaving me wanting to devour the entire contents. Plus, who doesn’t love cooking with a little bit of wine? (If you raised your hand, I’m sorry, we can’t be friends)
- 1 lb potato gnocchi
- 1/2 lb shiitake mushrooms roughly chopped
- 1/2 lb white button mushrooms roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 2/3 cup white wine such as Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, White Zinfandel.
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- chopped parsley to garnish
I ended up using only baby portobello mushrooms since our grocery store was lacking in that department the day I went shopping.
1. In a medium pot, bring water to boil. Add the gnocchi and cook according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.