Flavor-Filled Garlic Meatballs With Rosemary
You can never have enough garlic
If you don’t love garlic, you can’t be my friend. #sorrynotsorry No matter what the recipe calls for, I will always add a little more garlic, and then a little more. So, when I found this recipe on Will Call for Smiles‘ blog, I knew I’d love every bite. I did mix it up a bit since I already bought a package of ground turkey, because I received money back when I used my Ibotta app. If you haven’t discovered that app yet, I highly recommend you sign up! I’m already at $145 that I can cash out through Paypal or gift cards at any time, just from shopping at the grocery store, craft stores, and Amazon! Anyways, MEATBALLS! I ended up mixing turkey and ground beef, but I did accidentally forget the salt and pepper. Regardless, they turned out delicious!
When I was preparing my meatballs, I made a handful of large ones to eat by themselves for lunches, and then made mini meatballs to go with my all time favorite pasta. If you’re wondering about my gold baking sheets, check out this similar one here. They are super nonstick, so clean up is much easier!
Make sure you don’t over cook these if you use turkey like I did. I may have overcooked mine by a few minutes, but I’m not complaining. Oh, also, I used dried rosemary instead of fresh because it’s what I had in the pantry. Saved some money there, and still delicious.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup plain bread crumbs
- ½ medium yellow onion, finely minced
- 1 medium bulb of roasted garlic
- 1 spring of fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 4-5 fresh rosemary springs
- 6 raw garlic cloves
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil for the baking dish
1. To roast garlic: Take loose skin off the garlic bulb and cut off the tip of the garlic cloves, still in the bulb. Rub garlic bulb with a little bit of olive oil and wrap it in aluminum foil. Preheat oven to 400, place wrapped garlic on a baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes, depending on the size of garlic bulb. (Note: this step can be made the day before and you can just refrigerate roasted garlic until ready to use.)
2. Preheat oven to 350 and rub 2.5 (or 3) quart casserole dish with some olive oil.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, ground pork, egg, bread crumbs, minced onion, minced rosemary, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Carefully peel roasted garlic and take out the roasted garlic cloves. Add them to the bowl. Mix very well, until all ingredients are completely incorporated.
4. Roll about 1.5 inch meatballs and place them snugly in the casserole dish.
5. Stick individual, raw garlic cloves in between meatballs and add rosemary springs on top.
6. Cover casserole dish with aluminum foil and bake for 35 minutes.
7. Take off the foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes. (Since size of meatballs will vary, time might vary slightly.) You can cut into a meatball to check if it’s done.